Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday, September 2 :: Skunk #6

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...photos of skunk #6!  If you're new to my blog, you might not remember skunks #1 and #2 under the bushes, #3 and #4 that died of...well, let's just say they just died so as not to incriminate myself....,  skunk #5 welcomed us home from vacation, and then there was the illusive skunk in the drain pipe. And before they all died, one did go off in our crawl space   . Oh yeah, it's been a fun summer.

After 4 skunks had been taken care of, I always thought there was one more. But I did NOT think there was yet another after that. And to be honest, I'm not 100% sure this is a skunk. What do you think?

I'm pretty sure it is was a skunk. I will NOT be around when Dustin hauls it off to make sure.

This lovely creature was found under my lilac bushes....about 3 feet from the corner of the house. This also may have contributed to the dead animal smell that plagued our house when we returned from vacation. Ya think??

And although I'm sure examining the bones and what's left of the rest of it would make a fascinatingly educational experience for my children (and I could count it in their homeschool log books), I think we'll just let this little critter find it's merry way to the edge of the bean field.... Ewww.

So there you have it. Skunk #6. I am now taking bets for how many dead skunks will be found in our yard before the end of the year. I'm hoping for 6, but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

I also have been reading that some elected officials are stating that now is not a good time to ask Washington for money to help repair the damage that has been done in preparation for next year. They simply don't have the funds right now.

That's ok, as long as THAT gets to be MY answer when it comes time to pay my taxes this next year. Fair enough?

Lastly, apparently the railroad is done working on the line south of Big Lake and will start running trains across it sometime tomorrow. Here's an article about it, and here's a video to see part of it.



Ah, yes, $300 million at work. Honestly, if they had $300 million to spend, why didn't they help build the new levee this spring and help beef-up the rest of them around here so potentially none of this would have happened in the first place? I've heard that the railroad scratches no one's back but their own.

I wonder if they've ever read the fable of the Lion and the Mouse?  Apparently not.

No comments:

Post a Comment