Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Monday, July 4, 2011 :: No news is good news?

Not much to report today as we were gone most of the day. When we returned tonight, we couldn't really see much. I must say, though, ONE thing is for sure, the mosquitoes around here are VICIOUS. The National Guard at the checkpoint between us and Bigelow said they're like little body-builders--they're HUGE, with beefy legs and arms. I agree. They are IN-SANE. (the mosquitoes, not the National Guard.)

Last night when I returned to our fridge out in the garage to put something away, I thought I heard something buzzing, and when I stopped to listen I realized the buzzing was ALL MOSQUITOES.

Tonight when we pulled into the garage, they instantly started swarming our vehicle. Do you remember the movie Cujo? You know, about the big dog that traps a woman in her car and tries to attack her? That's a little bit what it was like tonight--we just sat in our car, all wide-eyed, plotting how we could somehow escape with 4 children, 3 of which were sleeping. Our final plan? RUN LIKE THE WIND, carry what you can, drag the rest.

I think it actually worked. But wow, this is going to be an IS-SUE, for the rest of the summer. They were even biting like mad this afternoon at 4pm, in the 95 degree heat, in the sun. Anyone have any suggestions...ones that don't include moving out completely??

On the water front, I can't even tell you how that has changed because we got home so late and we couldn't see much in the dark. But the water had not changed in our ditches, so I'm assuming everywhere else is the same, too. I WILL be taking more photos tomorrow, but I admit it was nice not to be consumed with water for the day.

In other news, I'm still taking orders for T-shirts until tomorrow morning, so if you're interested, click on the page link to the right and then email me your order.

I also think my children must be exceptionally gifted. Somehow, even though we basically have nothing on the bottom floor of our entire home, they have managed to still make it look like a tornado went through here. It take a uniquely intelligent brood to do that.

I guess that is all for today. No news is good news, right?? I guess when the sun comes up, we will find out...

1 comment:

  1. GET OUT OF DODGE before one of those mosquitoes carries off one of your kids!!!

    ReplyDelete