Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Well, we unpacked the trailer today. Completely. So now, instead of our house being dis-organized simplicity, it is PURE CHAOS. There is nothing organized OR simplistic about any part of it. We have boxes everywhere. And cabinets, bookcases, file cabinets, and other big items plopped IN the room they belong in, but not in place. That wasn't the mover-in-er's fault, but ours because we want to be able to vacuum before we put things into place. I know. A flood is looming and we want to make sure the carpet is vacuumed. Would it make you feel better if you knew that I toyed with the idea of shampooing the carpets before putting stuff back?? I decided that would be crazy.

A skunk update...no one is brave enough around here to truly dig through the bushes and find how many are dead under there. I can see at least one when I peer under there from about 4 feet away. I hope my husband someone gets rid of it very soon because you know, it was 85 degrees and very humid here today, with a repeat the rest of the week.....  I'm pretty sure the one in the siding came out last night. Or at least the pile of insulation that came out of the wall looks like it had been disturbed, meaning the skunk disturbed it when it came out. I certainly hope it came out! 

We do know there's at least one skunk left alive and well. How do I know this?? It is/was in the garage tonight. THE GARAGE. I walked out there to put the trash in the big trash can and there he was, scampering across the floor like he owned the place. Well, technically, he does. He ended up in the closet and we left him there, and the garage door partially up so he could get out.

If you have been praying for us, PLEASE pray that we will be able to get rid of these little stinkers without too much stinking going on. It's getting to the point where we can't mow the yard or even go outside without living in fear! I don't think they are rabid, they aren't acting weird or anything, but we don't want to keep them around either.

Here's a few photos from Ryonee Curtis, over at Big Lake:




Although I don't know who owns this place, I'm betting this (above) is an example of someone who thought they built high enough at the time, but they didn't take into account the Railroad raising their tracks and stopping the water with loads of rocks.


Doesn't it seem like this has been going on FOR-EV-ER?? Yet in reality, that first levee break here happened less than 3 weeks ago. And we're still looking at 8 weeks until they turn the water off (end of August) at this point. With this much complete structural damage, it kinda makes you wonder what will be left once the water recedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment