Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday, June 24, 2011 :: Add this to the list....

Ok, so add this to the list of things I never thought I would see/do/hear/say:

I now have a huge semi parked out back of my garage, ready to be filled with all of our junk valuables.

Yes, we are starting to load things up. I have not received the "word" from my amazing husband to load everything, just the things we won't be needing access to for a while. That's ok, those things needed to go in first anyway. How soon will we load up the rest? That depends. (Yes, it always depends, doesn't it.) Mainly it depends on the rising water.

With the recent levee breaks (that are actually a ways from us) water has now entered our corridor of land, and is actually filling backwards fast. It is currently about 4 miles south of us. When I say "fast" and the water is "4 miles south of us", fast does NOT mean it will be here by morning. It also is not coming as a wall of water ready to engulf us. It is flowing fairly quickly to the north, but it is shallow, filling up the lowest areas first, and it would probably have to reach depths of 4 feet or so down there before we even start to see much in the ditches. Of course I'm not the expert in this department, so don't quote me on that. All I know is that water is coming, and it is coming faster than everyone thought. Ya know, I'd really have preferred it come slower than anyone thought it would, not faster, but apparently I didn't get a vote on that.

I wish I had photos for you today, but I didn't get any, sorry. I'll try to get some tomorrow! For now, I need to get organized! Now, where did I put my post-it notes???

No comments:

Post a Comment